Worcester Volunteer Centre are looking for ‘Fairtrade School Mentors’ – a unique opportunity to help introduce young people to global poverty issues and inspire them to make a difference. The prospect is available to begin immediately so please get in touch straight away if you’re interested! (contact details are below).
Volunteers will be placed within schools near their homes to mentor a student group, supporting them to campaign on Fairtrade and global poverty issues. In doing this volunteers will…
- Deliver a series of five workshops designed to give the students the skills and confidence to effect real change in their school and community
- Help the student group plan and host two Fairtrade events in their school
- Complete training programme on Fairtrade and skills including public speaking, facilitation, lobbying and campaign and event planning
- Fantastic hands-on campaigning experience with young people, ideal for those interested in a career in the NGO or teaching sectors
- Full support throughout your volunteering role, with all expenses paid, plus a FREE ticket to People & Planet’s annual student conference, Shared Planet, for a day of skill-sharing with other volunteers.
- Enjoy encouraging young people to take action to make a real difference in the world
- Able to explain complex information in engaging ways
- Have effective campaign and communication skills
If you are interested in the above, or you know anyone who would be, please contact Tash Giaquinto via email at email@example.com or via phone on 07716 073973. The opportunity is to begin as soon as possible, so please contact straight away if interested!