11th-15th May is Walk to Work Week, an annual awareness-raising event to encourage people to walk to work instead of using personal & public transport.
- Walking to work can be quicker than getting stuck in a traffic jam in rush hour
- Exercise burns calories and can help you become fitter and healthier
- It saves CO2 and is good for the environment
- It's free and will save you money! No petrol or parking costs!
- It can bring the community together through walking groups
It's easy - ditch the car or bus for a week and walk to work. Plan ahead so that you can find a suitable route to get to your destination on time.
If you can't walk TO work, why not try walking AT work? Any extra exercise you can sneak in will be of benefit to you, such as taking the stairs instead of the lift (yes that old classic), or going for a walk during your lunch break, it all adds up!
In May 2014, workplaces around the UK logged more than 50,000 miles during Walk to Work week!
Find out more on the Living Streets web site and sign up to record your miles!
Let us know how you get on :)